Tuesday, October 18, 2005

That's All Folks...

Well, we are getting on a plane tomorrow morning. Leaving the hotel at 5:30 am and will be back home around 6 pm.

I am ready to leave here, but I am not sure I am ready to be home yet. Big transitions await. So this may be the last you hear from me in a while. Faithful readers, please check back. I imagine I will return one of these days.

To answer the quiz questions:

Guangzhou is the city formerly known as Canton. Yes, we have spent 4 whole days in the home of Cantonese cooking. No, I didn't try much. (We have been preoccupied with Bao's health. As mentioned previously, we suspected she had an ear infection. After giving her two doses of an antibiotic, she had an allergic reaction. We have switched antibiotics after consulting with the pediatrician back home... hopefully she will respond favorably to the new medicine.)

Guangzhou is the home to 100 million people. Lin, our agency rep, told us that the evening we arrived. We asked her to clarify, because we didn't believe her. I think she includes the suburbs as part of her total... but still a hundred million? Schnikeys.

To update you on what we did today:

We went to the US Consulate to take a group oath. We were told that there were 55 other families taking the oath at the same time. It was pretty simple. We were basically attesting, on Bao's behalf, that the information we provided to the consulate was true. Now, once Bao's passport is stamped upon entering the US, she will officially become a US citizen. Yeah, Bao!

Well, it's getting late and I need some sleep. Pray for safety and for a fairly smooth trip as far as the crabbiness factor...

And thanks for reading, y'all.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

WOW! What an amazing journey you've been on. And what an amazing journey you are about to embark on when you return. I will be praying for a smooth transition for all of you.
Congratulations on finally bringing your third child home!

Tue Oct 18, 12:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost got it all accomplished. And you should be so proud of yourselves. Not many people have the energy to even think about adoption. We are so proud of you. Dave & Janice

Tue Oct 18, 05:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Wish I could be at home and see all THREE of your babies! :) I love you and I hope all is going well!

Sat Oct 22, 06:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home