Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Write on!

Well, Shalee has a nice post up about turning off the TV for the week. It's got me thinking about more than one thing. But at the end of her post, she lists a few suggestions for things to do instead of watching TV. One of those was writing a letter. Hmmmm.

I have been thinking lately about how much I love to write letters. When I was a freshman in college, I came back from class every Friday afternoon and I wrote 3 or 4 letters to my high school friends. Occasionally they would write back to me. And I LOVE getting personal mail. But really, that didn't matter so much, I just liked to write to people because I knew they'd enjoy getting a letter.

I haven't been writing letters much lately. But I I did write one a few months ago to an old friend. She expressed that she really enjoyed getting the letter.

So, I started looking around the internet for some way to hook up with a pen pal. I found a bunch of online pen pals, but that just isn't the same. (For the record, I STINK at finding things on the internet. I bet there are six hundred sites where you can sign up for a pen pal, but I can't find them.)

I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but reading Shalee's post finally flipped the proverbial switch in my brain. Maybe some blogging buddies would liked to matched up with a pen pal.

Anyone?

Before I go through posting all of the details, I thought I might see if anyone is interested. Leave a comment and let me know if you are, or tell me what questions you would want to have answered before committing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shalee said...

Wow. Someone actually thought I had something worthwhile to say... Thanks!

I'm in! There is just something about a real letter that say "You matter."

Wed Apr 26, 04:07:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

With a pen and (gasp!) paper?! [ha ha just kidding!]

It would be fun... but then I think, would I really get to the post office. That's always a struggle for me. I pay all my bills online and when I do have to mail something it seems like forever until it gets there.

Wed Apr 26, 05:10:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

I would, except I stink at writing letters. Have fun!

Thu Apr 27, 12:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home