Thursday, April 20, 2006

I've said it before

and I'll say it again.

If God chooses never to bless me again, I will still be infinitely blessed.

The blessing of having a relationship with God is - having a relationship with God. The "stuff" he does for me, or what I commonly refer to as "blessing," is just icing.

God himself is the cake. (And I have determined that he is chocolate cake.... Not the sweet kind either, the RICH kind. And moist too, great with a cup of coffee... okay, am I going to far here?)

My point is that God IS the blessing, yet he chooses to do so many other great things. I have been counting them, as some of you know. My goal was to count ten each day. It was hard at first, but is getting much easier. I guess that when you get into the habit of looking, it is a lot easier to find things. I am even starting to see blessing in the "yucky stuff" too.

If you asked me to sit down right now and name 1000 blessings from this year, or from the last ten years, I am not sure I could do it. I would be certain they existed, but the specifics would escape me. So, I have tried to consistently look for a few blessings each day. Reaching the 1000 mark on my blessings list is exciting. I can say for certain, to anyone who asks, that God has blessed me AT LEAST 1003 times this year. It encourages my spirit, and I hope it encourages others too.

Praise God. Praise God. PRAISE GOD.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

What an incredible idea! I just may steal it from you. You're right...if we were asked today to list all the blessings from this year, we would forget. But your list is proof of God's goodness and faithfulness in your life. Thank you so much for sharing this list and the idea of counting them every day. You are a blessing. Maybe that will be my #1.

Thu Apr 20, 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

What a profound and incredibly joyous thought. God is chocolate cake. MMMMMM... what a delicious thought...

Oh wait, I meant the statement that God IS the blessing. I "knew" that, but I have never Known it. Make sense? Lightbulb moment for me...

And I love the blessing list. That can be used with my entire family. I'm thinking it can be used to help us see how God is not just "up there", but rather He is an active, protective, generous parent in our lives.

Great thoughts!

Mon Apr 24, 05:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home