Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Just wondering

I have been thinking more about my cleaning habits since my CHAOS post, and I was wondering if anyone else does this:

When you put away your silverware, do you make sure that each piece is nested neatly in the piece below it?

I was just wondering. I used to do this, because it annoyed me to see them all "messed up" and out of order. This is hilarious, considering my other housekeeping habits... or lack thereof. But it was just so annoying to me.

In the last year or so, I have given it up. I try to get them nested when I put them in, but if they fall over, I don't try to fix them. I suppose I realized what a waste of time it was.

But, anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else does that... and would be willing to admit it.

Edit: I can't believe I almost forgot this:

GO PHIL!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do nest my silverware together when I put it away. Partly because I don't have a lot of space in the drawer, so nesting it together helps maximize the space and makes everything fit. And partly because I like it to look neat in the drawer!

Wed Apr 05, 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

Can you hear me hysterically laughing over here?! ha ha ha

I don't think I've nested my spoons since I gave birth.

Thu Apr 06, 02:42:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

yes, unfortunately, there are a few things I'm neurotic about. You wouldn't know it by the dirty dishes presently in my sink, but my silverware drawer (which no one EVER sees) is nice and neat! Craziness, isn't it. I've given up a little of this craziness recently as well. Why do we do this to ourselves? :-)

Thu Apr 06, 06:15:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

I try, but as more small hands are digging in there the more ridiculus it is to even attempt. I was just wondering this morning, how often do people clean out the slots in the drawer. They can get so yucky, but I'm guilty of leaving the yuck for awhile. I cleaned mine out this morning, that's when I wondered. :)

Fri Apr 07, 02:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home