Sunday, March 19, 2006

INTGWTT

I don't know about you, but I have never found something so funny that I have ended up rolling on the floor laughing. Apparently, my sense of humor is under-developed, because a lot of the folks out in cyberspace do this all of the time.

And when I see ROTFL, I do anything but.

"ROTFL," of course, stands for "rolling on the floor laughing" to all of us internets. But when I see that, I cringe. It makes me think of grade school where we learned about acronyms and how you should always leave out the letters for short words like the, a, it, on. So, my humorless mind sees that and says, shouldn't that just be RFL?

I suppose I should just get with the times. I mean, over here at netlingo dot com, there is a huge list of acronyms for us to use. But please don't read too many of these. It seems that you have to have a trash mouth if you want to use them. I'll just point out a few of my favorites.

I really should start using some of these. After all, shouldn't everyone have a BHAG?

And I was fascinated to learn that CIAO is actually an acronym. I wonder if the Italians know that?

I think I will make up a few of my own. ICBF. Maybe I could write a whole paragraph with these things! WDYTOT?

But not right now. IGL.

And hey, DAKWIGLM?

(If you want any of these translated, check the comments section.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger PEZmama said...

INTGWTT - I need to get with the times

BHAG - an actual item from the netlingo list which stands for "Big hairy audacious goal." (Is this really a term used often enough to merit an acronym?)

CIAO - listed by netlingo as the acronym for "ciao." Italian for "goodbye." I guess if you make it all caps, it's an acronym.

ICBF - I made this up. Stands for "it could be fun."

WDYTOT - mine also. Meaning, "What do you think of that?"

DAKWIGLM - mine. It stands for "does anyone know what IGL means?"

Does anyone care?

Sun Mar 19, 11:36:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

Since CIAO is an acronym, who 'bout this:

THIS POST WAS BIG HAIRY AUDACIOUS FUN!

Mon Mar 20, 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Funny, funny, funny, Thanks for the laugh! And very helpful. I mean if everyone left out the beginning letters of the prepositions in their acronyms then we might cut down on instances of

Tue Mar 21, 05:31:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Compliments of Scott Adams of Dilbert fame: BOCTAOE--stands for "But of course there are obvious exceptions." Which I think is a great one to add to the blogging world. I tend to always think of the exception.

and YSLE--You stupid lemon eater. Ehh. . . not so useful.

Wed Mar 22, 03:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home