Friday, February 24, 2006

What will I do?

A list of all the stuff I am contemplating for my day off:

(I realize I won't be able to do all of these. These are just options.)

1. Major QT. Me and God, down to the nitty gritty. Topics on MY agenda: confessing, Bible reading, mothering, seeking wisdom RE Bethany, seeking wisdom RE asking someone to mentor (disciple) me, seeking wisdom about how I have/am/will spend my time during the average day, seeking wisdom about homeschooling, simplifying, my own selfishness, my need of healing in several areas, and so many others. On GOD'S agenda: this remains to be seen. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

2. Pondering topics for a talk that I will be giving in May (see previous post.)

3. Quilting. Gotta get one done before I can start another.

4. Reading: God's Politics, Scandal of the Evangelical Conscience, and Divine Conspiracy are all on tap.

5. Napping.

6. Writing.

7. Tweezing my eyebrows

8. Swimming? Unlikely, but possible.

9. An episode of Trading Spaces, if I am "lucky." With no cable at home, I'm a Trading Spaces junkie whenever I'm at a hotel.

10. Working on actually memorizing this week's portion of the Sermon on the Mount. I am supposed to be memorizing it with Heather, but so far, I have only done about 50% of the verses. If you want to join in, jump in. Heather posts the week's Scriptures every Wednesday.

I can guarantee you that I will be doing #1 and #7. As for the rest, only time will tell.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori - You are NOT a sham, not even close....and that is an understatement, cuz you are so much more.
~Shelb

Sat Feb 25, 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger maureen said...

divine conspiracy has been of the most influencial books on my christan life.

maureen

Sat Feb 25, 09:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quilting seems like such a time consuming hobby. Might I suggest knitting and crocheting? Then you can carry a bag of yarn with you wherever you go and not finish a project in total convenience.

Mon Feb 27, 07:01:00 AM  
Blogger PEZmama said...

HA! Joe - I took my latest crochet project with me... and didn't even touch it!

Mon Feb 27, 09:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home