Friday, June 11, 2004

A Little Something for Everyone

Nothing could excite this blogger more than getting comments on my posts. I really enjoy hearing from you all, especially those of you that I don't get to see very often. So, here is a little something for each of you.

Mom: Thank you for reading my blog on an hourly basis. I think you are my most faithful reader. (But you have to stop blowing the surprise for Patti and let her read it for herself!) :) I love you!

Patti: If you started reading this blog every HALF hour, maybe YOU could blow the surprise for mom once in a while. I would just like to note that LA were my initials before I got married. It is no coincidence then, that you feel such a strong urge to move there. But when you get famous, just remember, I knew you when you picked your nose in public.

Shelby: There is a way that you can tell if a "neon" sign contains neon. But, now that you have proven yourself the better internet-information-finder of the two of us, perhaps I should let you figure that one out for yourself. That is, of course, if you really want to know!

Bill: To one half of the couple that my children would've chosen to be their parents (if such choosing was possible,) I have this to say: GET BACK TO WORK!

Maureen: What's up with you? You haven't been commenting lately. What could be so important in your life that you would neglect your blog-reading duties?

Jenny: RE your last comment that radiometric dating is some "crazy MatchMaker service that puts together lonely chemists." I have only one thing to say to you. "You mocked me once. NEVER DO IT AGAIN!" Seriously, though, who do you think we would've ended up with had we used said service? Scary thought.

Heather: If I could toast you, this is what I'd say: "Here's to pants that fit right." RE your question about radiometric dating: It is a method of determining the age of rocks and fossils from the known half-lives of radioactive elements that they may contain. There are lots of different kinds, but the one probably everybody has heard of is carbon-14 dating.

Helen: Thanks for being so much a part of my life that you really don't NEED to read this blog. And thanks for being faithful enough to do it anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Radiometric dating = crazy matchmaker service. That's funny!

Wed Mar 07, 02:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home