Friday, September 02, 2005

I have some birthday money,,,

... still left to spend. I thought about putting it toward the adoption expenses, but what I have won't make much of a dent in that. I think I've settled on what I want to do with it. Here was the list of options.

(in no particular order)

Buy one of these sweatshirts in a store - because I hate paying for shipping. I need a new sweatshirt, and I like the ones that are hemmed this way. (As opposed to the ones that hug the waist.)

I once told my sister-in-law that I thought it would be cool to get this for a birthday or for Christmas or something. I don't think she believed me. (There is also one where you can buy an education for an orphan in China. How cool is that?)

Get a massage.

Go nuts buying stuff for Operation Christmas Child, school supplies for needy kids, or baby clothes for the Crisis Pregnancy Center. I usually buy for these whenever I see appropriate items at a good price. But, when I know I have a chunk of change to blow, it can be serious fun. I'm a nutcase about these kinds of things. Really. (No, I mean REALLY.)

Eat at Cafe Istanbul.

I have two gift cards for a local sewing store. I was wanting a machine that can do some stitches that my current machine can't. I can get a machine that does those stitches without spending my own money, but I would lose some of the decorative stitches that my machine does now. If I kick in some of my own money, I can get a machine that does them all. (And that was way more than you cared to read about my sewing machine....)

Send a copy of a cute adoption book for kids to Mike and Jenny, Matt and Ingrid, and Jeff and Helen - all of whom are in the process of adopting.

Make small scrapbooks for each of the families in our travel group.

I am now accepting donations towards the fulfillment of this list! :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Marcy. Hi. Marcy! How ya' been?

Cafe Istanbul? You like Turkish food? Hmm... Tell me it's better than Indian, yuck.

Sat Sep 03, 04:44:00 PM  
Blogger PEZmama said...

Thank you for such lovely sentiments.

I haven't tried much Indian food, so I can't make any comparison. But, yes, I do love Turkish food. Kofte is a favorite, and I like things made with this stuff kinda like a tortilla (only thinner) called borek. Lentil soup is another favorite - it's unlike any kind you'd get here. So far, Turkish yogurt is the only thing I've tried so far that I really didn't like.

Mmmm... I can taste it now...

Sat Sep 03, 11:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I forgot you've been to Turkey.

Sun Sep 04, 04:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home