Monday, October 24, 2005


Hey, It's me.

We're back.

Well. Things are going pretty good, and seem to be going better with each day. Ms. Bao seems to be fussing less... or we are just getting better at figuring out what she wants. This is my least favorite (and therefore most stressful) phase of mothering... the part where you have to "figure" your kid out. But, things are progressing.

Bao is up about 2 hours during the night still, but there seem to be some changes in the schedule which I am taking as signs that she will soon be adjusted to the eastern time zone. Yahoo!

The flights were okay. The little social butterfly got tired of looking at our faces and cried quite a bit a few times. But, if she wasn't pacified by a bottle, she was with some conversation in the flight attendant's bridge with some of the other passengers. She did sleep a lot too.

We made it and I guess that is all that matters.

We spent our first night home with Boo, Bug, and Bao camping out on the floor of the living room so that we could all spend an extended period just being close to each other. The kids seemed so glad to see us again. Lots of hugs and kisses all night long. Ms. Boo and I fell asleep holding hands, and when I woke up to tend to Bao, we were still holding on!

Since then the transition has been fairly smooth. I lost it a few times when I was desparately exhausted and all three of them were crying at once. But things are slowly becoming manageable. Paul is back at work today, and this morning went really well. It helps that the folks from church are bring over meals. And it helps that my parents are here too. They are all in the garage right now (it's raining) playing a rousing game of "tag wag." I am sure this is something that Boo made up... but they keep yelling "tag wag!" and seem to be having quite a good time.

I don't have a family picture to post for two reasons... First - we haven't taken any yet. Second - the digital camera is back in the hands of its owner, so I have no way of uploading unless I get film processed and scan the prints. That's a little too much for me to handle right now... so I apologize to everyone who wants to see the happy family.

Thanks for all of your support and care for us over these last few weeks. At this point, I can honestly say that I have absolutley no desire to ever do this again... but I am thoroughly glad that we did.

Signing off for now...


Anonymous Linda said...

As an alternative to scanning your photos, you can get your photos put on a CD almost anywhere you get them developed. It's usually $3-4. Maybe that would be an easier solution for you. I was doing that for a while before our film camera died and we bought a digital one. FWIW. Linda

Wed Oct 26, 10:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home