Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Marital Tension

There is an ongoing disagreement between Paul and me that I would like to settle once and for all. Here is your chance, fair reader, to minister to us in our time of need. What you say could change things forever in our house.

I won't tell you who is on what side of the argument, though those of you who know us could easily figure it out. But I am going to ask you all to cast your votes and settle this thing once and for all.

One of us (whose name I will not mention) swears that pants should be folded in such a manner as to leave a crease in the leg.

The other of us (also to remain unidentified) says that only dress pants should be folded this way. S/he maintains that casual pants should not have creases.

Heretofore banned from voting is anyone in Paul's or my immediate family... because you all are probably where we got our preferences in the first place. Paul and I are also banned, since our votes will just nullify each other anyway.

So, let's make this an unofficial poll. And whatever you all decide will stand (unless it is in disagreement with my preference, in which case I will maintain that I should not have to conform to a poll that isn't even "official.")

What say ye? Should all pants be creased, or just the dressy ones?

The polls are open.

7 Comments:

Blogger Heather Hansen said...

First of all, you should be shot if you have a crease in the jeans. But hey, if you want one, fine, fold your own pants. :)

Tue Jan 31, 04:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know I cared that much about the crease in the pants. As long as you are folding the pants you can do it anyway you want. I'm just glad to have clean pants to wear.
--Paul

Tue Jan 31, 06:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so let me get this straight, you FOLD pants? I always thought they just went into a big "clean pile"

Ok so that was before I was married. Since then I have become converted to hanging pants of all stripes (and even those without them) on a hanger in such a way to produce a crease.

In fairness to both sides, I must admit that I never knew there was another way to fold. I'm not sure about exploring alternative foldstyles though... it just sounds wrong.

Tue Jan 31, 07:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say creases in all that's the way my pants are the are ironed and hung up in the closet with one inch spacing...... Paul you aren't supposed to weigh in on this... besides that you run the risk of saying the wrong thing
JO

Tue Jan 31, 07:51:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Casual pants should definitely NOT have creases. Especially jeans.

That's what I maintain anyway (unless you are over the age of 60)

Tue Jan 31, 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

I gotta say no creases on casual pants and jeans. NO, NO, NO!

Tue Jan 31, 11:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say "Hang the darn things in the closet!"

THERE! SETTLED.

Wed Feb 01, 07:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home