Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Meme

Boomama tagged me. So here goes.

I am – (is that blasphemous?)

I want – to read more. And a new pair of flip flops. And this too.

I wish – someone had told me a long time ago that I was good at writing.

I hate – hokey stuff that is supposed to appeal to my emotions in order to elicit some specific response from me.... it's manipulative, and I can't stand it.

I miss – the conversations with "the girls" from college.

I hear – voices in my head that like to tear me down.

I wonder – how the nucleus of an atom can stay together. And what is in between the electrons. I've posted about this.

I regret – not walking closely with God when I lived in Sidney.

I am not – good at small talk.

I dance – like I mean it.

I sing – along with whatever's playing in the grocery store.

I cry – less often than I did a year ago. For that, I am very grateful.

I am not always – good at listening.

I make – people laugh.

I write – to relate.

I confuse – Hebrews with Romans. Moses with Noah. And Ted Turner with Mike Turner.

I need – time. by. my. self.

I should – pray for my family more. Lose 15 pounds. Stop eating so much sugar.

I start – singing "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" every (I mean EVERY) time someone says "turn in your Bible to Jeremiah."

I finish – 1 out of every five books I start.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger boomama said...

I LOVE the comment "I dance - like I mean it." Laughed out loud at that. I also hate hokey stuff that's supposed to appeal to my emotions - which is why I have never read a book by Nicholas Sparks. :-) Case in point, when I read The Bridges of Madison County, I got angry. Realllly angry.

And you know I totally get your need for time by yourself. I hope you get some of that soon.

And yes, you do make people laugh. Including me. Thanks so much for doing this.

Wed May 03, 11:55:00 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Loved your comments, but it really cracked me up to click on your link and find a vacuum cleaner! How clever of you - come Christmas I can just tell family to check out my blogspot and put links in of my list! Cracked me up! Seriously.

Writing "to relate" - exactly. My mother has seriously bugged me for 20 years to write. She's sent me books on writing books. Blogging and sending posts to her has drastically lowered my guilt level.

You must have gotten the dancing genes I didn't. Glad to know where they went.

Thu May 04, 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

As always Pez, you didn't disappoint!

I LOVED the I am comment. And now thanks to you I will probably sing Jeremiah was a bullfrog whenever someone asks me to turn to Jeremiah.

And I am SO NOT GOOD AT SMALL TALK!

Yep, Pez, You do make me laugh! Thanks. :D

Thu May 04, 01:33:00 AM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

I just spent a good hour looking back at all your old archive entries. Your answers to Tagged "I" pulled me in - you are interesting!!! I also quilt, scrapbook, chemistry - not hardly! I love your style of writing - its just like talking to you.

Thu May 04, 02:05:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Lori--you lived in Sydney? Australia? How did I miss this?

Thu May 04, 09:54:00 PM  
Blogger PEZmama said...

Oh, gosh, Leslie. I should've thought to specify. No, I didn't live in sYdney, Australia. I live in sIdney, Ohio.

Sorry to throw you for a loop there.

Fri May 05, 12:46:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

okay. i didn't know there was a Sydney, Ohio. I grew up in Athens . . . Texas.

Fri May 05, 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger Lawauna said...

That is too funny about "Jeremiah was a bull frog da na na" I have done that. And every time my daughter and I watch the "Princess Diaries" we do that (the red head friends name is Jeremiah)

Fri May 05, 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger Shalee said...

Oh Lori,

There is too much to comment here... I am laughing out loud here.

You may not be good at small talk, but you rock at letter writing!

You are a lot like me... Addie tagged me, but I haven't had a huge chance to do much since the trip... Did you see how long it took me to start catching up on your blog?!

But not with the book thing. I must finish books... It's a thing with me.

Thanks for sharing yourself with us again!

Wed May 10, 12:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home