Saturday, September 30, 2006

Finished

Finished another book. A Separate Peace was an easy read and interesting enough to keep me reading. But, all the teenage angst in that book! I kept thinking, dude, for REAL? And the kind of details he remembered and how he described them. I'm like, dude, for REAL?

Then it occurs to me: no - not for real. It's fiction.

And the Deeper Meaning in this book? Let's just say that understanding Deeper Meaning has never been my strong suit.

But I liked it.

So there you have my review. I liked it. It was better than The Great Gatsby. I want to read it again and again.

8 down, 4 to go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Hansen said...

In my opinion, ANYTHING is better than The Great Gatsby. - YUCK. ;)

Sat Sep 30, 03:00:00 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

I'm loving the short and sweet review. That's just perfect!

I have that one sitting around somewhere just waiting to be read.

And I like the Great Gatsby, well the condensed, just-give-me-the-quick-plot-and-details breakdown.

Mon Oct 02, 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

I'm glad you liked A Separate Peace. But what made you choose that over the rest of the fiction in the world? I'm curious.

Thu Mar 29, 10:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home