Thursday, September 07, 2006

!!!!!!!!!!

So, I started Beth Moore's Daniel study today. Good night nurse, this is going to be a good one. Her first video could not have been more up my alley in regard to the things that have been on my heart for some time now - how our culture is a modern day Babylon.

Go, Beth. Go.

And, for those of you who are wondering about it: the video production, the set, the book cover... even Beth's clothes. Well, the girl's gone... how do I say it... Edgy, perhaps?

In other news, I was excited when "she" walked in this morning to join us for the study. I don't know if she will be with us every Thursday, or if she will return to her normal Wednesday night class. However, after the study, she pulled me aside and said, "do you remember what you asked me a while back?" (And I'm thinking, do I remember, I was wondering if YOU remembered!) But I replied with a simple, "yes."

And she said, "are you still interested in that?"

And I said, "Yes." (Again, refraining from speaking what I was actually thinking.)

And she said, "I think God has released me to do that. I'd like to talk with you about it soon."

And I commenced jumping, flailing, and "woot-wooting."

So thanks to all of you who prayed.

And now, I fear, I will likely be taking leave of you for a while. With the Daniel study under way and the Hebrews study for my Sunday school class, as well as wanting to make time to spend with "her," I will likely not have much time for blogging in the near future. If I do, I don't promise anything deep. I can't compose a deep post quickly.

So you will probably have to settle for tadpole updates.

And they are doing fine, by the way.

14 Comments:

Blogger Tricia said...

Congratulations! I have to say your post brought tears to my eyes. I so deeply need someone like her...but don't know how or where to find her. I'm also interested in Beth Moore's Daniel study...but again...same thing. I haven't found anything locally but I will keep looking. Enjoy it all!

Thu Sep 07, 04:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so glad you are enjoying the Beth Moore study but also glad about "her" as well. Glad she will do it!

Thu Sep 07, 04:27:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I've heard that Daniel study is amazing! And where on earth did you hear "good night nurse?" My husband says it ALL THE TIME, and I didn't realize this was an actual saying!

Thu Sep 07, 08:15:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

Lor, Girl, I am doing the happy dance for you right now. Happy, happy, happy! Even if you don't blog about it, you know I'm gonna be bugging you as to how it all goes!

And, I've been wondering about that good night nurse thing too. Did you pick that up from Shalee, because I think I did. :-)

Thu Sep 07, 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

I love how clearly you see your priorities. Seriously. I'll miss your reads, have a blast doing what you're busy with. Both sound wonderful. xoxo

Thu Sep 07, 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger PEZmama said...

Tricia - I will pray that God provides that person for you in His perfect timing.

To the others who are wondering about the "Good night nurse" thing: That is my little hat tip to Shalee. (Yes, Addie, you were right.) I don't really say it myself, but it just seemed to fit there so perfectly (if you could have seen Beth's outfit in that first video, you'd understand... the hem of her jeans was dragging on the floor. I kid you not. The new "genre" for Ms. Moore required a fittingly new expression of disbelief.)

Maybe I am using that saying because I subconsiously feel guilty for not sending my August letter to the dear Shalee (who is my pen pal.) Shalee, if you are reading... IT'S COMING!

Fri Sep 08, 01:14:00 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Two cheers for you girl! I'm so glad God told "she" YES for you! Did that make sense? I hope it's all you asked for. And we will miss you...

Fri Sep 08, 02:36:00 AM  
Blogger boomama said...

GREAT news! That is so exciting, Lori. I am tickled to death for you (and for her, too). I sat by my "she" at choir Wed. night, and I am so grateful for her.

EK says the Daniel study is INCREDIBLE - but I think it'll be the spring before I can handle it. Keep us posted - just a little?

Fri Sep 08, 09:19:00 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Thanks! I did some searching yesterday and found a church about 30 minutes away that does Daniel in the evening. They called this morning and said that they are only doing it in the AM this year but there is another Beth Moore study - living beyond yourself? - starting next Thursday. I signed up! : )

Fri Sep 08, 09:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! And keep us up on how the tadpoles and Beth Moore are both doing.

Robin

Fri Sep 08, 09:37:00 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

Yay God! He is so good to talk to her heart to say yes. May you both be blessed beyond measure!

Fri Sep 08, 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Oh wow. She's going to do it. You go, girl! And tadpole updates will keep us all just perfectly happy while you do it. Good for you!

Fri Sep 08, 12:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI: Goodnight Nurse comes from the Marx brothers comedy act of the 30s and 40s. It goes along with "Hello nurse!" Usually it was Groucho who said it.

I have wondered about Beth Moore studies, are they anywhere as good as Kay Arthur studies?

Mon Sep 11, 06:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started this study (Beth Moore's Daniel) recently also and already into session 3 I'm finding so convicting, yet I press on for more of what God is teaching me. I'm going this one alone (no videos and no group), but even in that choice I hear God speaking in a mighty way.
I found your blog one day awhile back through some other Christian women's blogs and marked it as a favorite. Nice to "meet" you!

Sat Sep 23, 10:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home