Friday, August 25, 2006

Advice, please.

A few things on my mind. In need of advice. Do tell me what you think about any or all of the following:

1. Mopping. Has anyone used a mop that they think is FABULOUS (or awful, for that matter)? I am in the market for a new one, and I'd like to get one that actually cleans well this time. The last three I've bought have been disappointing. If you have one you really like, where did you get it?

2. What product do you use to clean the floors? The stuff I have been using has been leaving a film.

3. Has anyone out there forsaken paper towels and/or napkins? In an effort to cut back on waste, I am seriously considering this. My only question is how to handle messy kids after a meal. Do you just take them all to the sink every time you need to clean them up, or is there some easier method?

4. Can anyone tell me why my new favorite browser (Firefox) does not open an updated page whenever I check on a bookmarked site. (ie, I have to "refresh" to get the new stuff.) Do you know how to fix this?

Thank you for all of your time and assistance. I look forward to reading your comments, as always.

8 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

1 & 2) My husband mops with bleach (clorox clean-up) and an old white towel.

3) You might consider damp washcloths.

4) Not a clue. Mine does it too.

Fri Aug 25, 12:59:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

1and2)The fabulous women that clean the house twice a month use a regular string mop with vinegar and water. I use my floormate when necessary and LOVE IT.

3) we also use damp washcloths and then throw them in the washing machine after a day or two

4) I'll ask t and get back to you on that

Fri Aug 25, 09:36:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

1 & 2) I have a Bissell flip-it, which vaccuums hard surfaces, then damp mops them. For the price (under $100), you can't beat it. No more sweeping & no more mop & bucket!

Can't help with the other two.

Fri Aug 25, 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

1 & 2. I like my swiffer wet jet for floors. I like the all purpose cleaner because I can use it on my wood, tile and linoleum flooring. :-)

3. I use a seperate washcloth for faces, and I wash my washcloths all the time. I also have friends that use their old baby bath washcloths for faces.

4. It might be that your cache needs to be cleared. That's one thing I seem to need to do frequently on Mozilla. Go to tools, options, clear cache. Hopefully that'll take care of the issue. I find I need to do this every few days. :-)

Fri Aug 25, 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

First questions would require me to actually mop. I have one, but for the life of me, I can't tell you what brand it is. I do, however, like it for the times it has been put to use.

I value my sanity too much to get rid of napkins. I have switched to select a size to keep the waste to a minimum. We even use them in place of napkins. Cheaper for us.

Fri Aug 25, 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hello! Well I can't tell you anything about mops and cleaners (um..not my specialty) BUT if you'd like to know how to organize your mop I'd be happy to help...lol. Laura

Fri Aug 25, 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger PEZmama said...

Okay, regarding the washcloth idea. I thought of that. But I thought it might somehow be unsanitary to use the same towel all day or for all the kids. Is that what y'all do? Use one towel for all the kids and just use it all day long?

Do you use cloth napkins?

Regarding Firefox. It seems Addie's advice about clearing the cache worked. Keep up the good work, ladies!

Fri Aug 25, 10:46:00 PM  
Blogger Minnie said...

1) Mopping: I SWEAR by my Hoover floor mate! It sweeps, mops and dries all in one swoosh. I threw out the nasty mop after I bought it.

2) Floor cleaner: Home Depot carries this really great stuff that doesn't leave a film and it gets even caked-on gunk off the floor. Zepp Floor Cleaner (all of their cleaning supplies rock the house, by the way).

That's my .02! Have a lovely day! :o)

Sat Aug 26, 06:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home