Tuesday, August 22, 2006

E-mail alert

I was scanning through the e-mail that has been deposited in my Bulk folder. Where do these come from? Do people really know someone named Silas Shoe or Odysseus Lanterman? Are these names supposed to look like someone I know, or is someone out there just laughing hysterically with the rest of his 8th grade buddies as they launch these things into cyberspace?

Of course the subjects aren't much better. What about "aggressively bristle," would make me want to open this e-mail?

I didn't waste my time with the trio of messages entitled "Re: new si," "Re: new do," and "Re: new ha." C'mon! I haven't e-mailed anyone in at LEAST six months about my si, my do, or my ha, so this doesn't fool me for one second.

And Cyril Contreras sent me a message about "two-tone gassy." (?????)

Seriously.

But it is important to check the Bulk folder every so often, just to make sure that a legitimate message didn't somehow slip through the cracks. And I am so glad that I did. Otherwise I wouldn't have received that e-mail from Margaret Wilkinson about bomb disposal.

Phew! That was a close one!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I know what you mean...I wonder about those emails. I don't have a clue how they come up with this stuff...or WHY they think any sane, reasonable person would open them!

Tue Aug 22, 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger boomama said...

Okay.

You made me laugh out loud.

And I got your letter yesterday - thank you very much. :-)

Tue Aug 22, 05:58:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Oh that Cyril... he's a character, ain't he?

Tue Aug 22, 07:02:00 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

What's scary to me is that my bulk folder is empty. That says something about the stuff going to my real folder.....possibly need to just hit delete a bit more. I'd rather be a person who had bad hair days most days of my life than be the person who, when you see email from me, you move your finger a bit closer to the delete key....

Tue Aug 22, 07:59:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

My junk folder is pretty agressive in stealing the mail I DO want and leaving all of the junk in my inbox. Sheesh. :)

Tue Aug 22, 08:45:00 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I get so many emails for er*ctile dysfunction I'm beginning to wonder if there's something Mama forgot to tell me about..... ;D

Tue Aug 22, 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

LOL Diane. I got one for adding inches. I assume they felt sorry for me, looking so waifish and all.

Wed Aug 23, 12:11:00 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

Lori - Remember? Cyril Contreras is my nickname!

Oh how embarrassing that you told what it was about...

Wed Aug 23, 03:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever a piece of junk mail has a postage paid return envelope, I mail the envelope back -- sometimes empty even -- just to bug the company that sent it.

Thu Aug 24, 03:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

continuation of last comment


for email i just reply to the message with a blank email

Thu Aug 24, 03:18:00 AM  
Blogger Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

FUNNY!!! The 8th graders are giggling right now.

Thu Aug 24, 05:23:00 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Amen sister! I could do without Spam as well.

Thu Aug 24, 09:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home