Friday, August 25, 2006

Better than any Meme

I just went to a movie for the first time in.... well, Paul and I couldn't remember the last time we went to a movie in the theater (other than taking the kids to see Curious George, but that doesn't count. I hope.) Suffice to say that we aren't "movie people." I am fine with that.

But, back when the girls (Theresa, Robin, Addie, and Boomama)* were making plans for the trip to Savannah, someone mentioned that we might go see the movie Lake House. I was totally up for that, but as it turned out, we didn't go see the movie. (And I was fine with that, so don't think I'm upset about it, ladies.)

Anyhoo... that movie has been on my mind since then and last night, when I saw that it was at the second run theater, I mentioned to Paul that I'd like to see it. That's what we saw tonight.

People. PEOPLE. PEOPLE!

I'm practically giddy, I loved this movie so much. I want to go see it again. Now.

I suppose I could tell you that you must all go see this movie. But I figured that if my taste in books is any indicator, not everyone is going to love this movie as much as I did.

However, if you really want to get to know me, then go see this movie. Then call me up so we can chat about it afterward, cuz that's what I do after movies like that. Seriously, you'll learn more about me by watching that movie than any meme could ever teach you.

(And now that I have seen it, I must say that the chat after the movie would have been great fun with the girls on the Savannah trip. But, Paul and I got some chatting done too. He's nice to me like that.)

* If these links don't work, I am not republishing. Blogger does not like to publish my link properly. Sorry.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather Hansen said...

I wouldn't have thought you a romance girl. ;)

Fri Aug 25, 08:52:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I really did want to go see it, but since time was a little shorter than we anticipated...Anyway, I'll probably have to catch it on a rental. I will call before that though. Just found out that I am going with T to Miami next week so now I have that chaos going on!

PS In all of that--I am sitting down and watching Footloose right now. I was in the 8th grade when that came out. Oh my, the hair!

Fri Aug 25, 09:50:00 PM  
Blogger PEZmama said...

See, Heather, I am so TOTALLY a romance girl. But I would not want to go see any old romance movie again. It was the twist in this movie that I just LOVED.

(And, in case anyone else is interested, there was no cussing, no marital infidelity, and no "questionable" scenes. WOO HOO! And Sandra Bullock. I like Sandra Bullock.)

Fri Aug 25, 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Yea, I think we ran a little short on time in GA. We missed getting the pedicures too. (Although I got mine when I got back to Dallas with an old friend of mine.)

I want to see the movie too and LOVE me some Sandra Bullock. I'll give ya holler if I ever get a chance to see it.

Mon Aug 28, 02:51:00 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

Okay, only to "better understand the mind of Lori" I'll see the movie. (I wanted to see it anyway, so this works out perfectly! I may have to wait a few months to chat with you about it. We're renters around my place.)

Mon Aug 28, 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

I LOVED The Lake House; so did Patrick. You rock.

Wed Mar 28, 05:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home