Tuesday, September 26, 2006

THAT kind of weekend

Went to see Beth Moore this weekend. Not surprisingly, her message was delivered straight from God, and I walked away knowing Him in a fresh way. I feel as though I have seen a glimpse of how much He loves me - and how that impacts my life.

In the weeks leading up to this event, I have experienced several things that, had they happened a year ago, would have had me in tears for days. But, as I have taken these things before God, I realized that I wasn't crying about them. And I have been thanking him for it: that I don't cry as much as I used to.

In light of this, I found it appropriate that during the break between the two Saturday sessions of Beth's conference, I was weeping. And for the first time in a long time, it wasn't for me. For myself, I felt only joy. Joy over the fact that, no matter what happens, I have a God who loves me immeasurably, and will heal every hurt I ever experience.

And so I told God, again, how thankful I was that I wasn't crying for myself. And I told Him that I would willingly cry over others who are choosing not to experience His mighty power in their own lives.

And when I finished my prayer, all I could find myself saying was "Glory, to you, God."

Over. And over. And over.

The rest of the weekend was filled with things you might expect when six good friends who love the Lord get together WITHOUT THEIR CHILDREN.

There was a hot tub, a pool, laughter, coffee, a movie in the room, Chinese take-out, laughter, crying, late-night conversations, late-morning wake-ups, more laughter, prayer, weeping, encouragement. The list goes on.

Sometimes I wish y'all were neighbors, or something. Because sometimes, sharing the stuff of life just requires personal conversation. Writing, or at least MY writing, just doesn't suffice. I guess you will just have to be satisfied with knowing that God is working on me.

And I am convinced, more than ever, that He is good.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

He IS good! So glad He's doing powerful things in your life. Blessings!

Tue Sep 26, 02:31:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

I loved reading this Lori! I wish we lived closer too. There are just WAY to many conversations that are not happening!!! :D

Tue Sep 26, 02:49:00 PM  
Blogger boomama said...

He is good - all the time.

Loved this post.

And yes. Closer. Closer would be good.

Tue Sep 26, 03:10:00 PM  
Blogger Muffin Cup said...

Praise God! I love Beth Moore. It is wonderful to hear how the Lord moves.
Jen

Tue Sep 26, 09:22:00 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I am green with envy over your lovely weekend. Sounds amazing.

And yes if we lived closer...I could only imagine the time spent together?

Wed Sep 27, 12:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome, and oh! how I need me one of those weekends!

Wed Sep 27, 01:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad your weekend was blessed. God is good all the time!

Wed Sep 27, 01:27:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

LOVE those girlfriend week-ends, especially when Beth Moore is one of the girls!

Thanks for sharing such an encouraging post.

Wed Sep 27, 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

This is probably my favorite post of yours, Lori. It's real. It's fragile. It's wholy secure in our Father who knows your heart, your struggles, your fears and your joy. This is the beautiful heart of you.

Praising God for your glorious time with friends, including Him.

Wed Sep 27, 02:18:00 PM  
Blogger Minnie said...

AMAZING post! God is sooooo good.

I need one of those weekends in a bad, BAD way.

Thu Sep 28, 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

So glad to hear!

Sat Sep 30, 08:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home