Sunday, October 29, 2006

Nothing You Wanted to Know

-I finished Every Man's Battle. Some good stuff in there about how to train your mind to take every thought captive, and how to flee from temptation.

- I am almost finshed with Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper. This is a fantastic book. End of review.

- And, not that anyone is counting (aHEM!) but that will make my tenth book of the year. I know. You feel so inferior, don't you?

- God is working in my life. If I could describe it to you, I would. But most of the time I don't feel like describing it. I just feel like living it. And that probably explains why I haven't been blogging much lately.

- Lainee still dislikes homeschooling. Mostly, I think, because: a) it is boring and b) she probably hates reading as much as her mother... which is difficult when reading is what she spends most of her time learning how to do.

- My husband is running the New York Marathon this coming weekend. I really hope he does well.

- I have surpassed my goal of 3200 blessings on my blessings blog. I say "I have surpassed" only because the goal was that I would recognize at least that many before the end of the year. As far as providing, I think God surpassed that goal on the day I started counting.

- I really wish that I had something interesting to say. But I don't.

- I told you this was nothing you'd want to know.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually i thought these were all interesting. seriously. not kidding. congrats on counting your blessings. i think you should just keep going. i think it is great.

Sun Oct 29, 11:42:00 PM  
Blogger Shalee said...

Mr. Right wants me to read Every Man's Battle. He thinks every woman should read it to see why they need all the help they can get.

I feel so inferior to you. And yes, I only said that to make you feel better. :)

Love the detailed review. It makes me want to run out and get it right now!

Living life is so much better than blogging it.

Lainee needs time still. She probably would not care for public school either. From what I've heard other hs-mothers say, they had to find the right program that worked for their kids.

Go hubby!

I still love the idea of your blessing blog. You inspire me to see what I have rather than what I don't.

And I'm delighted to read it all!

Mon Oct 30, 04:55:00 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I disagree...you had lots to say! And, I do feel inferior from a non-reader herself. I would not even have the guts to set that goal, because I would fail before I got started.

Go hubby, I would LOVE to run a marathon...maybe someday.

Oh, did you add to your blessing that YOU are a blessing to US!

P.S. Where are those pumpkins for the Blog-O-Lantern contest I'm posting?? I believe you should have at least three to submit? :)

Wed Nov 01, 12:43:00 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

...oops, meant to type "hosting??"

Wed Nov 01, 12:43:00 AM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Totally with you on the living what the Lord puts in your heart as opposed to writing about it.

Fri Mar 30, 10:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home