Monday, October 09, 2006

Hard to Believe

That it has been a year. A whole year since Bethany joined our family.

It's been a good year. Hard at the beginning - for a lot of reasons that had little to do with Bethany. I wish I'd had more of my wits about me when we were in China and for those first few weeks at home. It all seems like a blur to me. And when I look at that sweet face in those photos from a year ago, I find myself wishing that I had done a better job of remembering for her - what she was like, what China was like. I wish that I had been better prepared for how difficult that time really was; wish I had done a better job of being her mom rather than worrying about myself.

Nevertheless, I couldn't be happier to have her in our family. She brings me joy. Much joy. And she has come a long way in this year. Come to think of it, so have I.

I am proud to be her mom.

And Bethany, I am so glad you are here.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just thinking the other day that Bethany's 1 year mark was coming up this month. Congratulations to all of you! Can't wait to meet her and see you all in a couple of weeks! Love, Linda

Sun Oct 08, 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger Shalee said...

What a beautiful post about your sweet, beautiful girl, Lori. My belief for the two of you? That God knew exactly how much you needed each other when He formed this plan.

May you and she (and all the other family members) have many more wonderful years together as family.

Mon Oct 09, 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

Sweet. I can't beleive it's been a year either! Yea!

Mon Oct 09, 01:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, and think of the wonderful years to come!

Mon Oct 09, 06:22:00 PM  
Blogger ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

I know exactly what you mean. I, too, was in a total fog when we adopted our little one in China. I think it lasted for the first few months. Hopefully, the next trip will be better (for us).

Congrats on her "one year" anniversary with her Forever Family. She is beautiful and looks happy! Wishing you more and more joy as the years pass!

Mon Oct 09, 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

Really? It's been that long? Amazing! She is just beautiful. Congratulations on your beautiful family!

Much Love!

Tue Oct 10, 12:30:00 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Definitely something to celebrate! Here's to many more wonderful, precious years!!

Wed Oct 11, 12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home