Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Can a Person Eat Too Much Asparagus?

I love asparagus. A while back I was asking for ways to prepare it, because I hadn't really eaten it all that much let alone prepared it for myself. When I wrote that post, I probably could've counted the number of times I'd eaten asparagus in my life on two hands. I only remember LIKING it once. The rest of the times it was bearable, or downright disgusting.

Then Luisa left a comment with her simple prep for asparagus.

And now? Well.

Now, I want to marry the asparagus.

Even my husband, who could hardly bring himself to even swallow the stuff in the past, eats it.

Willingly. Like, if-I-don't-put-it-on-his-plate-he-will-serve-it-to-himself kind of willingly.

We were having some the other night at dinner and he said, "My mother would fall over if she saw me eating this."

Dear man, don't think I didn't have to steady myself.

And in case you don't believe me about how good the asparagus is, Ms. Bao just asked for a taste of mine and then asked for more. Twice.

It's good. That's all I'm sayin'.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Well, I am thrilled to hear it! This really makes my day.

Tue Jun 05, 06:42:00 PM  
Blogger Noodle said...

That's how I make mine too, and it's FAB! My son won't eat it, but everyone else does! :)

Tue Jun 05, 09:13:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Ok, I hate apsparagus. But if you say it's that good, I'll give it a shot.

Wed Jun 06, 09:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I roast mine in olive oil, cavendar's and a little grated parmesan. I have been eating it nearly every day. It is wonderful. I have been trying to diet and I just love eating that with my baked chicken, grilled shrimp or with nothing at all.

Thu Oct 15, 12:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing... at the store asparagus is .99 a pound... I have eaten it everyday for 4 days and I make exactly like the person above me. Olive oil and cavendar's (that stuff is delish) I also add more pepper. Yesterday I ate it with thai chili sauce. YUMMMY! I love asparagus!

Tue Oct 20, 02:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what year this was posted, but my store charges $4.99 a pound, but I love it.

Fri May 27, 12:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home