Friday, June 01, 2007

The Rest, and Then Some

Here is the rest of the little floaties that I have floating, but aren't worth a post of their own (and then some, as the title suggests.)

1. I did not want to imply in my Intelligence post that parents should never push their children. I think that is a huge part of our responsibilities, especially if it is an area where our children really need growth. We usually know what our kids need. I was referring to pushing kids when it's really for no good reason at all.

My friend Linda sent a great e-mail in response to that post. It got me thinking that maybe I wasn't quite clear, so I just wanted to take care of that. And I'd give Linda some link love right now, but she doesn't have a blog. Linda, start a blog.

2. Heather has accused me of turning into Martha Stewart, and BooMama wanted to know how one would actually make laundry detergent. Allow me to publicly respond to both:

Martha Stewart ain't going to happen. Not even close.

And here is a link to the recipe that I found at Con$umer Di$obedience.

People. This stuff is truly inexpensive. With a capital "Cheap."

3. Luisa wants to know why I washed my hair with baking soda. The answer is because baking soda is supposed to clean everything, in an environmentally safe kind of way. I'd read (somewhere???) that you can even use it to wash your hair. Turns out, you can.

And then you just want to wash it again with real shampoo. Whoever posted the idea said that it takes some time to let your hair get adjusted. What I learned is that it takes less time to just wash again with shampoo.

4. The caviar was fine. But not something I'm dying to eat again. Let the fish live, I say.

That is all, and happy Friday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeana said...

So how is the laundry detergent working? Can you tell a difference?

Fri Jun 01, 09:23:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

SNORT!

So many things I want to say - but I can't stop laughing to say them.

Long live shampoo.

Fish belong in my tummy!

Sat Jun 02, 04:06:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I am twelve post behind on your blog. So here is comment #2 of a possible twelve. =)

I'm totally addicted to Tide so I guess I won't be making my own detergent, but who knows. Maybe if I get to stay home again I'll have more time to investigate.

Sun Jun 03, 01:32:00 PM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Well, now I have to try making my own detergent. But I'll stick with my shampoo after reading your report.

Mon Jun 04, 08:56:00 AM  
Blogger Noodle said...

Where do you find the Fels Naptha soap? I've looked everywhere with no luck.

Tue Jun 05, 09:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home