Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Why I Won't be Doing Tae-Bo This Evening*

I spent about three hours today transforming this thing formerly known as a flower bed:

into something I like to call an ACTUAL flower bed. I have attempted to post a picture of it about four times now. However, as soon as I attempt to upload the picture, I seem to lose my Blogger connection. Anyhooo....

Clockwise from left (on the picture that won't load) are the "Stella de Oro" Daylilies, a hook for the bird feeder and a nonexistant hanging basket, Lilies, Painted Daisies, Blazing Star (Liatris), and more lilies. I planted some zinnia seeds in front of the rocks, though this spot may not be sunny enough for them. We'll see. I also put in my birthday request for Lamb's Ear and Plum Pudding Coral Bells. We'll see if I get either of those. There was creeping (red) sedum all over this bed, some of which I might put back in later. Maybe also some more flower seeds too. Which kind, I don't know, but I am pretty partial to nasturtium.


*Aside from the tall lady. Which is a good enough reason to, like, never do Tae-Bo again.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Excellent choices! It will be great.

I'm guessing you'll get the sedum back whether you want it or not; it tends to hang around, in my experience. So it's good that you're feeling tolerant, and all.

Thu May 24, 06:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk to Mom, she probably has some coral bells she would give you a start of.....or at least she used to. Janice

Fri May 25, 04:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home