Monday, May 14, 2007

These are a Few of my Favorite Things

Irises. I love irises. We've got a bunch on the side of the house right now. It makes me happy whenever I see them.

Chocolate ice cream so hard it hurts your wrist to dip it. In a chilled glass, topped with milk. Do not mix.

Writing something that adequately expresses what is on my mind. Rare. But satisfying.

Hearing Ms. Bao say "oh, man!"

Watching Mr. Bug dance.

Thursday morning Bible study.

When someone thinks of me, out of the blue, and checks in to see how I am doing.

Talking Scripture with other believers.

Pony tails on my girls.

Being alone.

Searching for frogs at the park with the kids.

This Old House.

The smell of spring.

Cool nights under a warm blanket.

Ms. Boo's laugh.

Singing along when I know every word of a song. (Just this past week it was A Little Respect by Erasure.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeana said...

Oh ba-bay PLE-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-ASE?
Give a litle respe-ect
To-oo, ooh OOH ME-E-E-E?

Now that poppy little tune will be stuck in the noggin for days.

I tried to deescover...

Mon May 14, 11:55:00 PM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Great list! Your irises are lovely. Erasure....a guilty pleasure.

Tue May 15, 07:12:00 AM  
Blogger maureen said...

i love this old house!

Tue May 15, 02:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home