Monday, May 07, 2007

OOoooh! I Think I Got it!

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words in my last post. It soothed a weary soul, so thank you.

I am back now and not nearly as hysterical as I was when you last heard from me. I'll give you all a moment to offer up a prayer of praise for that.

[waiting, waiting, waiting....]

Now that you are back, I thought I'd share something random that has me oddly excited: I heard someone say that "everyone has a thorn in the flesh." I don't know what I think about that but if I did have one, I think I know what mine might be. Unlike Paul, I do not believe that I have any surpassingly great revelations. But, like Paul, I think maybe I have something that is meant to keep me humbly reliant upon the grace of God. The thought of it sorta just came to me, and the more I think about it, the more I think it might qualify as my thorn.

I'm excited, not because I HAVE this thing, but because seeing it for what it is (or for what it might be, at least) gives me a little perspective. It gives me an idea of how to deal with it, and it makes me thankful that I get to have God use it for my good.

By the way, there's no way I am going to tell you what it is. I just thought I'd let you know.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Ok, I totally came to give a case in point on the last post. Inspired by your post I set my alarm for 6:15 today and don't you know the horrible storms started at midnight and both kids and the dog were up ALL NIGHT. I think I have literally slept 2 hours. I didn't do anything at 6:15 but curse that alarm. =) Have a happy Monday friend!

Mon May 07, 08:30:00 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

"like Paul, I think maybe I have something that is meant to keep me humbly reliant upon the grace of God."

Makes it a little easier to handle, eh? Glad you're feeling better!

Mon May 07, 10:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home