Friday, March 30, 2007

Quick, Get the Candles

My blog is three years old this month.

Who'd a thunk I'd be at this blogging thing for three years?

I told two people recently about how much my blogging has changed in these three years. So much so, that I sometimes wish I could go back and delete a lot of old posts that were, well, stupid. I suppose I could do this, but that doesn't seem right. It's the real me and, while I'd like to pretend that the real me doesn't say stupid things, that wouldn't be very honest.

So, the posts stay up.

While the stupidity factor here at Rattling Around could be discussed at length, there have been a few brighter spots over these three years, and I thought maybe I'd highlight some of them:

In the three years I have been blogging:

  • Blogger changed to a new interface.
  • Blogger changed to the NEW Blogger.
  • I installed haloscan coments
  • I uninstalled haloscan comments
  • I met a few bloggy friends
  • I gained a new bloggy friend and a pen pal too!
  • This post about tadpoles, this one about my wedding cake, and this random post have all tied for the most unsolicited comments (since the removal of haloscan.) What does this say about me?
  • I have changed blog design twice, if you can call the first two "designs." Heather set me up with the current look.
  • I have, like, seven readers now.
  • I installed statcounter so that I could obsess over the number of hits my blog receives.
  • I surpassed 37,000 hits this month. This may sound impressive to the non-blogger, but it really isn't, I assure you - especially given the fact that 25,000 of those hits were ME reading my own blog, and the other 12,000 came from the link at Boomama's just this past Wednesday.
Before I conclude, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for reading. All seven of you. When it comes to finding motivation to keep at this blogging thing, y'all are the sine qua non.

Thank you, thank you very much...

8 Comments:

Blogger Shalee said...

3 years?! You're an old timer in blogger years...

And about that pen pal thing: is it my turn to send a letter out or yours?

Happy blogiversary and I'm glad you're still around.

Fri Mar 30, 05:27:00 PM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

OOOOOH--you used it! Brava; very impressive.

And may I wish you many happy returns of the day. Or month. The anniversary. You get it.

Ever Yours,
Reader #7

Fri Mar 30, 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

as someone who came over from Boomama, I was intrigued by the homeschooling Mom with a degree in a science field. :) I'm a homeschooling Mom with a BS in Math. Plus, I've really enjoyed what I've read so far! :)

Can I be reader #8? LOL

Fri Mar 30, 06:42:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

;)

I know what you mean... I've changed so much in two years... I want to delete the whole first year!

Fri Mar 30, 07:33:00 PM  
Blogger Jeana said...

Hey, happy blog-month! I was just thinking we should talk again. Soon. Like now.

Fri Mar 30, 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow--3 years. You are a pioneer. I cringe when I read some of my old stuff as well, but I guess it must stand on its own merit (or lack thereof). I was trying to think of a way that I could use sine qua non, because now that you've used it, I assume we won't be banned, but I can't do it (nor really think of a reason when I would need to).

Sat Mar 31, 10:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you may not know this, but i do check your blog about every two weeks or so when i just want to see what more of the family is up to. :)
oh, and i'm taking chinese next year on top of my spanish and german. thought you'd enjoy that tidbit. :) have a great day and see you at easter!
-sarah (brown)

Sun Apr 01, 04:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8! you have 8 readers!!! Although I mostly lurk and don't comment... ;-)

Sun Apr 01, 10:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home