Tuesday, March 20, 2007

An Exciting List, by All Accounts

There are things I want to get done. Projects languishing in corners of the house, atop my desk, and even in my mind. There are so many things I'd like to do that when I have time to do them, I fritter most of it away just trying to decide what to tackle.

I am going to list them, because listing them makes me feel better. It doesn't make for really exciting reading, but hey.... WHAT'S NEW?

So, without further ado: MY LIST

1. Finish up that flannel rag quilt that shouldn't have taken more than a week, but got set aside when my sewing machine decided to do it's little snarly thread thang.

2. I suppose I should get the machine serviced too, though I can't really say I WANT to do that.

3. Finish piecing that rail fence quilt. I'd be completely content at this point just to finish piecing the top and then fold it up and never quilt one tiny bit of it. Maybe I could have a contest on the blog... you could win a rail fence quilt top.

4. Try my hand at crocheting a wrap. The word "crochet," when written, just isn't very pretty, now is it? And, is it grammatically correct to put "ing" on the end of a French word to make it a gerund?

5. Oh, that quilt pattern I have that I picked out the maroon/maize/green fabric for. The one stashed behind the filing cabinet.

6. Yeah, and ditto that for the blue and yellow fabric and pattern stashed right there in front of the book shelf. Can something be stashed if it is out in the open? I suppose a fabric stash is stashed no matter where it is.

7. Can you tell it's late, and I am not thinking coherently?

8. Finish Traci's T-shirt quilt.

9. Find out when the classes I want to take are offered.

10. Make a bunch of cards to have on hand for whenever I need them.

11. The cat quilt - in girl colors. Yes, I already bought THAT fabric too.

12. Plan out an idea for the ol' blawg involving a cool button and a Mr. Linky.

13. Use the phrase "sine qua none" correctly in a sentence.

14. If you even try to get smart with my by posting a comment in which you use "sine qua none," you will be banned from my blog.

15. Start reading some of those books I have in my side bar. That cursed list is growing. So much stuff I want to know. Why on EARTH does it all have to be WRITTEN DOWN in books?

16. I would go start doing one of these things, but I it's late, I am tired, and I DON'T HAVE TIME for any of them anyway. I didn't even plan Ms. Boo's lessons for this week yet.

17. Yes, I know it is Tuesday.

Good night.

4 Comments:

Blogger ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

OK, I read the definition and I still don't know what it means. So I guess you won't be banning me. hee hee.

Sounds like you'll be sewing/quilting/crochet"ing" for a long time! I'll enter the contest for that quilt top! Not that I know how to quilt or anything...

Now I'm off to start tackling my list.

Tue Mar 20, 09:40:00 AM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Well, you are too important to me for me to risk banishment just for a moment of smart alec glory. So I'll refrain. But maybe I'll use the phrase in a post of my own. ;)
And I will say that your use of 'crocheting' is correct.

Your list is great--lots of fun projects! Lists help keep me accountable and focused. Speaking of which....

Tue Mar 20, 09:49:00 AM  
Blogger Jeana said...

Well I don't have a comment now, I'm still pouting because I had the perfect sentence which would utilize the ban-ned phrase while solving your to-do list. The answer to all your problems. But don't even think of asking for it now, because I'll be in the other room Bon Appetiting.

Tue Mar 20, 09:59:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also would be so tempted to use sine qua none, but I too do not so much understand the phrase. The helpful sentences that were supposed to elucidate, simply obfuscated.

Fri Mar 23, 04:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home