Saturday, March 10, 2007

I Got The Last Word! I Got The LAST WORD!!!!

Ms. Boo approached me today holding her battery operated Nemo bubble blower which, given that we are out of bubble solution, she was using as a fan. The batteries were dying, so she came to ask me for some more.

"No," said I. "I am not putting more batteries in there just so you can use it as a fan."

"Why?"

"Because we already have a huge pile of batteries we need to dispose of, and I don't want to waste any more."

"What does 'dispose' mean?"

"It means that we need to throw them out. Only we can't just throw batteries in the regular trash."

"Why?"

"Because they have some dangerous stuff in them that you can't throw in the trash."

"What dangerous stuff?"

"It's called acid." Wondering if the questioning would ever end.

Ms. Boo shot back. "What is acid?"

"Ms. Boo, you really don't want to hear my answer to that."

"Why? What is acid?"

"Ms. Boo, it's a proton donor."

SILENCE.....................

Except for the laughter coming from the kitchen. Paul thought it was hilarious.

Now you all wish you'd paid better attention in chemistry class, eh? Turns out you DO use chemistry in real life!

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather Hansen said...

LOL. I would have looked at you in silence too. ha ha ha.

I always throw out my used batteries in the trash. Oops. I've never thought about it. Shows how tree hugging I am, I guess.

Sun Mar 11, 03:33:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

We can't throw batteries in the trash? What do you do with them then??? We go through batteries like crazy here.

I recycle. Does that redeem me at all?

Sun Mar 11, 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

I would be laughing from the kitchen, too! WHAT?!?!

It looks like you need to do a post on proper battery disposal cause I'm with everyone else... "you're not supposed to put them in the trash?"

Sun Mar 11, 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Shalee said...

Oh, so that's how you get the final say... I've been doing it wrong for years. When I want the final word, I usually yell, "Enough!"

Mon Mar 12, 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Now, if that isn't "Better Living through Chemistry," I don't know what is! Thanks for the laugh.

Tue Mar 13, 12:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home