Saturday, March 24, 2007

Oh, FUDGE!

Luisa was none too happy with me for leading everyone on with a recent post entitled "A Great Recipe for Fudge." Turned out the title was a reference to my fudging the seams on a quilt. Luisa was hoping for an *actual* fudge recipe.

I don't often post recipes (and you are about to find out why) but I though maybe I'd do it this time, you know, for Luisa. Before I post this recipe for fudge, however, let me tell you something: I hate sweet, grainy fudge. I like fudge rich, dense, and smooth as butter. What follows is the recipe for the best fudge I've ever eaten.

Melt one bag of semisweet morsels in microwave or double boiler.

Heat one can of sweetened, condensed milk in the microwave until warm.

Mix them together. Pour the mixture in a buttered, square baking dish. Cool.

If you want to go crazy, add some nuts, marshmallows, or peanut butter chips.

Now, you know why I don't post recipes on my blog: because you can just as easily get them out of the coupon section of the Sunday paper.

Happy eating.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Hansen said...

I like fudge when it's made by someone else. Invite me over when you make it next time! ha ha ha. ;)

Sun Mar 25, 07:48:00 PM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Well, I am both mollified and gratified! And I heartily endorse this fudge recipe; it IS the best one I've ever had. You have excellent taste!

Mon Mar 26, 09:12:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Please try this sometime and let me know what you think.

1 12 oz bag of chips (flavor of your choice)
1 carton of cake frosting (again, you choose the flavor)

Put both together in a bowl and microwave for 90 seconds. Pour into an 8x8 pan and refrigerate for 1/2 hour. Cut into squares. Enjoy!

Here are some good combinations:

chips~semi sweet chocolate
frosting~cherry

chips~peanut butter
frosting~vanilla

chips~mint
frosting~dark chocolate

Mine always turns out smooth, rich, and dense. I hope you like it!

Tue Mar 27, 02:25:00 PM  
Blogger Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

This is my favorite fudge recipe, too. Love it! I like to add dried cherries or cranberries to it, or just a little orange flavoring.

Wed Mar 28, 12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home