Thursday, March 22, 2007

In Which I Profess My Love for Leslie

Let me just start out with a few admissions:

Admission number one: I'm not up on the whole global warming thing. Haven't really "studied" the issue since college.

Admission number two: I think part of the reason that I am not up on this is because people are always quoting some scientific study. This would be great were it not for the fact that their study directly contradicts the equally scientific study that the people on the other side of the fence are quoting.

Admission number three: It pains me to hear people taking sides on this (or any other) issue when it is abundantly clear that they have not really weighed the evidence for themselves; instead they are listening to explanations offered by others who have already made up their minds (i.e.; they are not presenting both sides of the issue.)

Admission number four: I believe we humans, and particularly those of us who live in the Western world, are particularly wasteful. And unconcerned about what that waste means for the rest of the planet.

Admission number five: I think that if we are concerned in theory, we are generally unwilling to make changes because they would be inconvenient and or restrictive. Personal sacrifice for the greater good just isn't our style.

Admission number six: I believe that Christians, who believe God gave them dominion over His creation, should be MORE CONCERNED ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT THAN ANYONE ELSE, and willing to make the aforementioned sacrifices. Sadly, this is often not the case.

Admission number seven: That being said, I also believe that we live in a fallen world. It's broken. And while there is a LOT more we can be doing to improve the quality of the environment, the world is decaying. And there is nothing we can do to make that stop.

Admission number eight: I tend not to live on either extreme of the global warming spectrum, though I dare say that some people think I do. And depending on who you talk to, you'll get a different answer as to which extreme they think I'm on.

Admission number nine: I want to meet Leslie. I read her stuff and it always resonates with me. I think I love her.

No fighting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Lori, I'm honored. And always a little hesitant to print these peices, so I appreciate your words.

Fri Mar 23, 08:02:00 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

Take me with you when you meet her. I want to hug her neck too.

Fri Mar 23, 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I'll let you know that Leslie is great. She's not only a great thinker and analyzer, but she's fun to boot! I loved her post too...=)

Sat Mar 24, 08:57:00 AM  
Blogger boomama said...

Okay - something is horribly wrong. Last night I was awake, WORRIED ABOUT YOU because at least in my mind you haven't posted in forever. So emailing you was at the top of my list today. And then I check over here first, and see post after post, post after post that my Bloglines has failed to report to me.

So please excuse me while I attempt to troubleshoot.

Sat Mar 24, 09:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home