Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Great Recipe for Fudge

I got out all the little pieces of my rail fence quilt that had yet to be sewn together. When I started working on it, I remembered why I'd quit in the first place: none of the seams were lining up properly. I think I cut my red fabric incorrectly. I had been trying to make up for the error when I was sewing. In other words, I was fudging it. But I got tired of trying to get stuff to work out, so I put it down.

Tonight, I just wanted to get it done. There was no pinning, no ironing seams, none of the things that good quilters are supposed to do. I just sewed the thing together. Well, my machine sewed them together, but only SLOWLY, or else it started doing its crazy snarly thread thang again.

Here it be: (It looks very yellow in this picture, but I don't know how to get it to look "right.")

It measures a whopping 36x48, which might have been another reason that I quit - because it wasn't going to be big enough for even a lap quilt. It's a good size for a baby quilt or a wall hanging. But for it to be big enough for an adult's lap quilt, a border would have to be added.

Anyhoo... I finished it. And I am totally willing to send it to anyone who might want it. It's no masterpiece, but you are welcome to have it if you'd like it.

Here is a close up of the fabric:
If you'd like to have it, leave a comment explaining, in detail, why you think you deserve the quilt top. I'll randomly select from what will likely be the hundreds of responses.

But seriously, if you want it, let me know. You will be helping me to reduce some of the clutter around here!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take it; I can't tell the exact shades of the colors, but they look good to me. I'll hang it in the new abode when I there abide.

Wed Mar 21, 02:49:00 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

You're not the only one who skips the pinning part. I can't get my seams to match up even when I do pin. Looks like yours matched up pretty well. How long have you been quilting?

Wed Mar 21, 04:35:00 PM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

'Kay, I love quilting (from afar), and this was a fun post. Plus, it's great that you finished this project. Mazel tov.

But do you realize how mean it is to entitle your post 'A Great Recipe for Fudge' and then not follow through with an actual recipe?

I mean, really: a display of wit on your part with the wordplay is great, but maybe you should pause and consider before using one of the names of chocolate in vain.

Thu Mar 22, 09:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home