Sunday, April 01, 2007

Siiiiigh.....

It has been a busy week. A busy week.

I have just come up for air, but there is more on its way, so this trip to the surface will only last long enough to suck in as much oxygen as I can before the next wave hits.

I am not complaining. I am not stressed. I am just stating the facts so you will know why I am going to be taking a break from the blog.

I am having a really hard time finding words to adequately convey my thoughts. How 'bout this:

God is working in my life. He is bringing to mind several personal habits that need further development. He has shown me an area where He has gifted me that I need to figure out how to nurture. He has placed in my heart a desire to grow in at least two other very specific areas. I am excited about these and I am looking forward to seeing Him work more of his character into me. However, I am sensing that if these things are going to happen, then I need to quiet down and pay attention to his leading. I also think I need to put aside some activities so that I have "room" in my life to accomodate the new work He is doing.

It pains me to walk away from the blog... not because there is anything special about it, per se, but because I just love sharing thoughts with all of you. I love hearing from you and I love the encouragement you offer me. But God has been putting a phrase in my ear since last October: "Just you and me." So, on top of needing to make room for His changes, I think I also need to guard against the temptation I often feel to get others' approval, and take some time to hear only from him.

Just me and Him.

So, my peeps. I'll see you back here no sooner than April 23.

Peace out.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeana said...

Miss you until then!

Mon Apr 02, 07:43:00 AM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Vaya con Dios--we can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Mon Apr 02, 09:43:00 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Looking forward to your return!

Mon Apr 02, 09:26:00 PM  
Blogger Shalee said...

Go and enjoy your time discovering more about what God has designed for you.

Miss you til then!

Tue Apr 03, 01:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats great that you want to take time away from something you cherish. Also my blog changed again. I couldn't figure out how to create a template without wrecking the whole blog. Crazy I am with the technology! Anyway, thanks for your comments. I hope you get a better peace about things.

Tue Apr 03, 11:54:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful. I hope that He speaks and you listen.

Fri Apr 06, 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Ditto what everyone else has said and Happy Easter friend! I can't think of a better time to be with just Him.

Sat Apr 07, 05:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home