Monday, May 21, 2007

What Goes up Must Come Down. (Right?)

The hard facts: this morning I weighed 149.0 pounds, which is 0.5 pounds more than last week.

The beginning of this week: not great with the exercising.

The end of this week: not great with the eating. Holy "Mother daugher tea at church on Saturday featuring chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, chocolate covered strawberries, PRE-SWEETENED tea, and plates full of cheescake and eclairs; Wedding on Saturday night for which the reception didn't even start until 8:45 pm and was basically the hugest spread you have ever seen; and hot dog, chips, candy bars, and pop fellowship after church on Sunday," Batman.

Also. That tall lady who stands to the right of Billy Blanks in the Tae-Bo Basic video: if I ever found myself next to her during an actual Tae-Bo workout, I would "accidentally" punch her when we got to doing the jabs. I just can't handle her. Or Mr. Blank's choice of workout apparel, for that matter. But don't get me started...

When I started this whole weight loss thing, which, if we are going to be truthful, is actually weight maintenance, but let's not get bogged down in semantics, okay? Anyway, when I started this whole thing, I somehow recalled the test my doctor ran on my thyroid just before putting me on depression meds. Now, I don't want to get too technical with you all, but I seem to recall that one of my LEVELS was LOW. And we all know that low levels are not good. Not at all. So I am thinking about having that rechecked. Everyone knows that you can't lose weight if your thyroid doesn't want you to. I have been talking real nice to it these last few weeks, but I would just like to determine once and for all how my thyroid feels about the extra twenty pounds I keep schlepping around. Because if my thyroid is, like, BEST BUDS with those twenty pounds, and has decided that it will be keeping my levels low indefinitely, then we can just dispense with all this watching of the tall lady in the Tae-Bo video, start eating more satisfying doses of chocolate, and lay blame where blame is due.

Don't MAKE me blame you, thyroid...

I have also started writing down what I am eating. I never knew that trying to lose weight could turn me into a writer, but THERE YOU HAVE IT!

Unrelatedly: Can olive oil go bad? I didn't think this could happen, but, mine did... unless there was foul play involved...

Click over to the May Day Weight Loss Challenge and maybe you can find someone who has ACTUALLY LOST WEIGHT!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Hang in there; it will happen!

Yes, olive oil can go bad. 'Rancid' is the word you want. Icky.

Tue May 22, 07:10:00 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

You will be successful, keep on going dear one.

Tue May 22, 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

Don't give up, Lori. You didn't gain it overnight and you won't lose it that way either.

Slow and steady wins the race, at least that's what I keep telling myself...

Tue May 22, 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Come on, Lori...you can beat this. And yes a low reading on your thyroid TSH test can mess up the weight thing. I had to re-adjust my Synthroid before starting this challange. It's healthier anyway to be at the right level, right??

Tue May 22, 03:58:00 PM  
Blogger Nise' said...

Yep, that's what I am counting on what goes up MUST come down! I wish I had my thyroid to blame, but just had it checked and its a happy camper.

Tue May 22, 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Aisling said...

Yeah, and one of the tests my doc did last week that I'm waiting on results for was thyroid. Ho hum, I figure I can at least try in the meantime though, right?

Wed May 23, 07:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home