Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Laughing All the Way to the... Barn?

I love cheese.

I do. I love cheese. Good cheese, not the processed stuff in the wrapper. (I like that, but I don't LOVE it.)

I have made a certain sandwich several times for lunch these last few weeks. It is so very tasty. It has cheese on it. Here is how it goes.

I get a Thomas' Whole Wheat mini bagelbread and I put on about a teaspoon of light mayo. (I switched to light mayo a long time ago, because I couldn't tell the difference between it and the regular. It's not a new thing for the weight loss challenge.) I cut a nice, thick piece of tomato, sprinkle with salt and pepper, add some fresh spinach on top, and finish off with a slice of Muenster cheese.

Did I mention I love cheese? Well, I really love Muenster cheese. I have been known to make grilled cheese sandwiches with it.

Anyhoo, I found something this weekend. It was a coupon in the Sunday paper for these little soft cheese wedges from The Laughing Cow. I saw that they had a "lite" version that was only 35 calories. I decided to give it a try. Clever marketing - lure them in with the coupon and make a customer of them for life (to which I say "Uncle! UNCLE!")

You see, I tried one of them today. The garlic and herb flavor, to be exact. I spread one on some zuchinni squash.

Can I just tell you something?

It was DE. Lic. Ious. DELICIOUS!

I got to wondering how the cheese would taste on my sandwich. So, I made the sandwich sans mayo and Muenster cheese. I just spread some (not even a whole wedge) on the bagel bread in place of the mayo.

People.

Can you please just try this sandwich? Because you cannot possibly know how much I enjoyed that unless you do too.

So, for lunch today, I had:
1 whole wheat mini bagel bread - 150 cal
not quite, but we'll call it 2 cheese wedges - 70 calories
zuchinni, tomatoes, spinach - I don't know how many calories are in those, but not much.

What I am trying to say is, I'M FULL AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO EAT 700 CALORIES TO DO IT! And, oh, did I mention, IT WAS GOOD!

When I do this lunch in the future, I likely won't eat two of the cheese wedges, just one. Which is, as you know, even better for the calorie total.

(No, I am not counting calories, per se, but I am trying to pay attention to how much food I eat.)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeana said...

I LOVE the light swiss spread on apple slices. And I'm not normally a fan of swiss chees.

Tue May 22, 07:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only problem I have when I read one of your food entries (as opposed to entrees?) is that you make me hungry and, since I don't have any of those fixin's on hand, I'll have to eat something with thirty-four thousand calories. Now see what you've gone and done!!!!!!!
Love ya' anyway!

Wed May 23, 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

I've been a Laughing Cow fan for years. Great lunching!

Wed May 23, 08:42:00 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

Yum! Sounds good! I've always been a little leary of their cheese. The label laughing cow has always scared me just a bit.

Thu May 24, 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Noodle said...

Those laughing cow cheese wedges are the BEST, aren't they? Herb & Garlic is my favorite too. I stock up when they're on sale at Kroger for $2 each. :)

Thu May 24, 01:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a great greek cheese called Haloumi(at Jungle Jims). It is a grilling cheese, which I think you would love. Janice

Fri May 25, 04:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home