Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Cicadas

Why I hate cicadas:
they are extremely ugly... and not just ugly, but BIG and ugly
they are everywhere
they leave their exoskeletons all over everything

Why I love cicadas:
Cicadas don't seem to serve any purpose, as far as I can tell. I (seriously) thought today about how I would like to ask God what he had in mind when he created cicadas. The fact that I cannot figure this out, and that I never would have made them if it had been up to me, just goes to show that:
1)I am not God
2)he does things for reasons that I may never understand.
So, I have decided that, as ugly as they are, I love the cicadas, because they remind me that God's ways are not my ways and that he understands way more than I ever will.

(And maybe THAT is the purpose of cicadas... to remind me that I ain't God.)

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. -Isaiah 55:8

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you get an answer about the cicadas, perhaps you can find out why God made mosquitoes...



Frannie

Sat Sep 13, 11:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home