Monday, May 17, 2004

The kid is a trip

Driving in the car this morning, Ms. Boo said to me, "Mom, there is a cow in the grass!"

"yeah, I saw that," I told her. "That's neat, isn't it?"

Her response: "It's amazing."
--------------------------------------------------------
I drove to a local church last week for one of my Moms' meetings and as we were getting out of the car, Boo reached for a snack that she wanted to bring with her. "No," I told her, "they will give you a snack while you are there." She looked at me, and, knowing that we were already parked in the church lot, she said "HERE, mom. I will have a snack HERE." Pardon me.
--------------------------------------------------------
Recently, I was discussing some obedience issues with Boo. I was leading her in a little prayer in which she would repeat small segments after me. One excerpt went like this:
ME: I know
Boo: I know
ME: the Bible says
Boo: the Bible says
ME: to obey mommy and daddy
Boo: to obey mommy and daddy and Mr. Bug
ME: the Bible says
Boo: the Bible says
ME: to obey mommy and daddy
Boo: to obey mommy and daddy and Mr. Bug
~~Interrupt prayer to explain that the Bible does not say to obey Mr. Bug~~

I guess if obeying mommy and daddy is good, then obeying mommy and daddy and Mr. Bug must be better!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger PEZmama said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tue May 18, 01:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home