Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Opportunity

I am reading "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren and today's chapter was about using the skills, gifts, personality, experiences that God has given you. It is no coincidence that just a few days ago, I got what looks like an invitation to do just that. It is a specific answer to a prayer that I have asked of God many times over the last 3 or 4 years. Just thinking about this opportunity excites me (though I don't want to be for fear that it won't pan out!)

All of this is just God's way of continuing to teach me who I am. I never knew that it is good for me to do the things that I really LIKE to do - that God gave me those likes for a reason. I have spent most of my life denying my likes because I didn't think they were "allowed." After a lifetime of doing that, I found that I was an adult and didn't even know WHAT I liked. I absolutely love it that God wants me to do the things that really light my fire (and that it is GOOD FOR ME TO DO THEM!) Simply knowing what those things are is exciting, but knowing I may have the chance to DO them... that's way more excitement than I can handle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home