Saturday, June 12, 2004

Which version of the Bible is that?

One of Ms. Boo's favorite phrases, of late, is "me first." Whenever we go somewhere, Paul or I will go to the back of the van to unbuckle the kids from their carseats. And, almost without exception, Boo has made a habit of saying "me first."

In response to this, whenever she says that, we have been sharing the scripture that says "he who is first shall be last." We've quoted it to her several times now.

Well this evening, it happened again. Paul went to unbuckle the kids and Boo pipes up with "me first." So Paul said, "Do you remember what the Bible says about that?" No response.

Hoping she would complete the verse, Paul prompted her with, "he who is first shall be........."

"....Mr. Bug!" she replied.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Good one. I've been wondering: which version of the Bible DO you read?

Wed Mar 07, 02:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home