Monday, August 09, 2004

So....

In the last 24 hours I read 67 pages of a book. I calculated that I am now done with 29.1% of this book. Thankfully, chapters 2 and 3 were much more interesting than the mind-numbing first chapter. The only reason I kept reading is that this is part of the "educational" aspect of our homestudy (i.e. it is required.)

It is amazing what I am willing to do to adopt a child.

In a completely unrelated thought -
It has occured to me that people offer advice for one of two reasons. Either they offer it because they care about me, or they offer it because they want me to feel bad about something I have done/failed to do. I am wondering if the latter is grounds for me to.... I don't even know what... I just want those people to go away.

In another completely unrelated thought, we are having to make some decisions about my employment status now that Shawnee's school levy has failed. (No sports... so Paul's coaching pay is out the window.) I think I have a good chance at watching a kindergartener from church for three days a week, for no more than 4 hours a day. I have also thought about tutoring - but that ain't my favorite option. I'd really love to find an office to clean... something I could do once a week, and in the evening after the kids have gone to bed. I am interested to see what the Lord will provide. I find that expecting him to provide (in a way that only He can,) makes me question whether I should try to "create" a solution. Of course, I also realize that He doesn't want me to just sit around and wait for money to fall from the sky.... which really would be so nice... I know you are listening, God!

Anyway, the whole failed levy at Shawnee has me all crazy for other reasons. I have been slowly piecing together a post about this, but I am having a hard time finding some info that I need... Shelby, where are you when I need you? I will post it eventually.

That is all for now.

Thank you, thank you very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home