Thursday, July 22, 2004

While the husband is away, the wife shall....

Eat chicken.

Yes, it is true.  I have eaten chicken (the real-deal, ON THE BONE chicken) every day this week for lunch or dinner.  It has been fantastic.  One glorious day, when my children are old enough, and we have enough of them, I will make a WHOLE chicken for dinner.  What a lovely meal that will be.  I LOVE CHICKEN! 

Of course, I tried to bake the chicken for dinner on Monday.  It was a package of drumsticks.  But, because it's been so long since I've made any chicken other than nuggets, I had no idea how long to bake it.  Needless  to say, the chicken was not done in time for dinner on Monday night, but we have been eating it ever since. 

In case you are wondering why I am making such a big deal about chicken, I should tell you that I don't fix it often b/c Paul is allergic to it.  Since he has been gone for the week, I have taken this as a rare opportunity to fix chicken.

So, though my week as a single mom has been challenging, one of the highlights has been the chicken.  It's sad that it has come to this, but it is true nonetheless.

To celebrate chicken week, I would like to do another unofficial poll:
Chicken:  white meat or dark meat?

Thank you for reading.  And happy chicken week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home