Tuesday, July 20, 2004

A Challenging Day

Some days as a stay-at-home mom are worse than others. Today was one of "those" days. But, I saw a friend from church at Meijer today and she said she'd pray for me, and that she'd also pray that I would learn from it if that is what God meant it for. I like her a lot. She is a woman after God's heart.

I thought I would share some of the highlights of the day:
-having a "birthday party" with Ms. Boo which included a homemade party hat and a cake (AKA a fruit and grain bar) complete with candles
-singing the huck muck song. the lyrics are "huck muck, huck muck, huck muck..." ... you get the idea.
-eating chocolate chip cookies with my kids
-going for a walk with the kids and letting Mr. Bug actually walk, instead of pulling him in the wagon
-hanging out with Bug while Boo was napping
-reading my Bible
-getting a call from my mother-in-law asking if I wanted her to come over and take the kids for a few hours tomorrow.... uuuh, YEAH!
-getting the news that we will be able to sleep in the same place that we shower and eat on our mission trip next week.
-and, potentially, watching a movie (Emma or Ever After?) without interruption... though it remains to be seen if that will actually happen, I am hoping that it does.
**********************
Adoption Update: we have mailed our applications to both the adoption agency and the homestudy agency and begun some of the work of getting the homestudy done. I was surprised by how scared I felt as we got those applications ready.... We are officially in the process of adopting. YIKERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home