Saturday, September 11, 2004

Kindergarten Angst

When I was a wee lass, we had to do this assignment in our kindergarten class. Each day we learned a new number and a new letter. That day, the number happened to be 20 and the letter was "n." To incorporate these in one assignment, our teacher gave us each a sheet of paper and asked us to draw 20 things that start with "n."

To this day, I don't think I can come up with 20 DRAW-able things that start with "n."

Needless to say, we all just shrugged our shoulders and looked around a lot. I, of course, also got frustrated. But, as frustrated as I was, that was nothing compared to the news my teacher broke to me, as she reviewed what little I had drawn. Apparently "nife" starts with a "K?"

Insanity.

Anyway, here is my list of drawable "n" items that I think a kindergartener could come up with:

1. needle
2. nail
3. nine
4. necklace
5. noodle
6. neck (though I think a 5 year-old might have a hard time drawing that.)
7. nickel
8. name?
9. Nintendo (which didn't exist when I was 5.)
10. Nemo (ditto)
11. nut
12. nap
13. net

I am wondering if, with everyone's help, we can get to twenty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home