Friday, November 05, 2004

Can't stand the excitement

Little things mean a lot:

I made the switch. After ten years of the same purchasing decision, I decided it was time to make a change, and it happened yesterday. I am now using scented fabric softener. I like it.

Someone at church requested prayer for our adoption on Sunday night. It was nice to know that other people remember and are praying for that.

Last night at the super fabulous local Donut Shop, they made cinnamon donuts AND white cake w/ chocolate icing. They don't usually make either one! Faced with the dilemma of which of these two favorites I should choose, Cecil suggested that I just get one of each. So, I did. Delicious.

The kids were in bed at 8:30 last night. It was a whole new world!!!

I got to IM with Shelby last night. I like Shelby. I like to IM.

Big things mean a lot too:
On Tuesday, my old college roomie and fellow chem geek, Jenny, and I will make the trek back to Witt. Dudley Herschbach, a Nobel laureate in Chemistry, will be giving two lectures. We will attend those as well as some chem classes and senior seminar in the chem department (which will be an informal q&a with Herschbach.) We have a hotel reservation and a lunch planned with Dr. Cline for Wednesday. I am looking forward to this... talking chem and feeling like a college student again for two days. Lovely, just lovely.

Tonight, dinner with Ami and Steve and their kids. Ami and I met at MOPS and are quickly becoming friends. Her daughter is three and her son is 2. Her husband, Steve, likes to run. I have been praying for a family that we all enjoy hanging out with. And these guys are an answer to prayer. We have fun whenever we hang out with them. Looking forward to tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home