Monday, October 25, 2004

Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come for You?

I have a few vague memories from my childhood of an odd shaped newspaper called "Pro Football Weekly" that I'd see laying around the house. I don't know if I knew it then, but my dad wrote a column for that paper. This column was a round-up of the games played in the various minor-leagues that existed around the country.

Apparently, my dad was the first person to ever cover minor-league football. Every week, he would type up his article (on that old, black typewriter? man... he could fly on that thing...) and send it in for publication. He did this for about six or seven years.

Because of that, he is being inducted in the National Minor League Football Hall of Fame.

Now, how cool is that?

Way to go, dad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home