Friday, October 15, 2004

Lack of Inspiration, or just plain busy?

Things have been busy, lately. But I can't say there is a whole lot that I am dying to post about. Maybe I will just tie up a few loose ends.

First, mom asked a while back about how old the kids are in Chinese orphanages. When they are "discovered," they are usually not much older than a week old. If they are not adopted, they will (can?) stay in the orphanage until the age of 18.

So far, the ladies at church have made 93 blanket squares that will be sewn together and sent to China. I am impressed. Some of the squares are quite beautiful, too.

Well, I certainly have China on my mind. I spoke this week with the woman I met (way back when) at the library. She has been home from China for 2 weeks now with her second child. Things are going well for her. Her daughter, Leah, has a parasite, but is on medication and had a double ear infection when they got her. These haven't been a big deal, according to her mom. They are waiting for the results of her AIDS and Hep-B test. Hearing this sent my mind racing. It's something that I have thought about before, but this made it seem too real a possibility. I find I must constantly remind myself that God knows exactly what he is doing.

I went to a baby shower at church last night and found that I was oddly weepy. This is TOO crazy! I have heard adoptive mothers say that they went through all the same emotions when they were waiting that pregnant moms do. I didn't believe it... but maybe last night was proof of what they are saying. I am not at all a "happy crier." But last night, I was tearing up. The only other time I have cried out of happiness was - you guessed it- when I was pregnant.

I remembered at the shower that I am expecting too. The difference is that there is no physical reminder of that, so no one else seems aware that I am anxious about getting my baby too. It is almost surreal. I can't even imagine what that will be like.

I have also been thinking about my daughter's biological parents. How hard it must be for them to give up their child. I think they will be the subject of many of my prayers over the lifetime of our new daughter. I pray that they will have peace and know that their daughter will be well cared for. God the Father gave up his son, too. He knows just how they feel, so I pray they would know his comfort.

Anyway, our documents are in Columbus so they can be authenticated. Once we get them back, I will probably want to send them to our agency immediately. It will be great to be done with this stage, since it seems to be such a circus act to get all the paperwork completed. But, I think the waiting that is about to begin will be much more difficult. Like silence. It's going to be hard. But, the folks at the adoptive parents group who got their documents logged in (in China) last April are already getting their referrals. That means they waited 6 months. Maybe it'll go that fast for us too. How cool would it be to be in China for my birthday?!?!?!

In other news, I am teaching Sunday school this weekend and have an article due for the MOPS newsletter on Tuesday. I haven't started working on either. Right now it is rainy and cold and all I want to do is go take a nap!

well, sorry to bore you all, but that's all I got!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home