Sunday, November 21, 2004

On My Mind

Authority.

We all live under authority, though we don't necessarily realize it. I think that trying to share my many thoughts about authority in this post would end up being completely frustrating for me. I'd do better with a conversation. So, I will leave it to Psalm 33 to say some of what is going through my head.

The Lord frustrated the counsel of the nations;
He thwarts the plans of the peoples.
The counsel of the Lord stands forever,
the plans of His heart from generation to generation.
Happy is the nation whose God is the Lord - the people He has chosen to be His own posession!
The Lord looks down from heaven;
He observes everyone.
He gazes on all the inhabitants of the earth from His dwelling place.
He alone crafts their hearts;
He considers all their works.
A king is not saved by a large army;
a warrior will not be delivered by great strength.
The horse is a false hope for safety;
it provides no escape by its great power.
We wait for the Lord;
He is our help and shield.
For our hearts rejoice in Him,
because we trust in His holy name.
May Your faithful love rest on us, Lord,
for we hope in You.
-Psalm 33:10-22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home