Thursday, January 06, 2005

Truly Random Thoughts

  • when you have a stuffy nose, how does your nose know to "switch sides?" Does anyone know what I mean? Like, you can only breathe out of one side, then for about two minutes you can breathe out of both sides while your nose is in the process of "switching," and then you go back to being stuffed up, only it's the other side of your nose that is now not working.
  • if your nose can figure out how to let you breathe out of both sides for those two minutes, why doesn't it just stay like that?
  • I have noticed all these "new" toys being marketed lately, particularly around the holiday gift season. My Little Pony, Rainbow Bright, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears. Smart, those marketing gurus... if you can't get the kids excited about the toys, get the PARENTS excited, that'll sell 'em. I can just hear some mom shrieking "AAAaaaaaaaaaw... I had one of those when I was a kid..."
  • I think it is funny that I am 31 years old (I had to count back... seriously, I forgot) and I have only made a whole chicken once in my life. Today I am baking whole chicken number 2. This is big news. It isn't even chicken week.
  • I can't figure out why we keep getting credit card offers in the mail. Credit card companies have probably made a combined total of $20 off of me and Paul in the last 10 years. We just aren't where the money is at, yet we still get an offer in the mail every day.
  • my daughter has more energy when she is tired than I do when I am fully awake. bonkers is a good description for her at just about any point in the day.
  • my back is hurting mucho mas.
  • mucho mas is Spanish for "and I don't know why."
  • I played a game called "Apples to Apples" the other night. Simple. Fun.
  • Our TV is now black and white. I have no idea how it got this way, it just slowly faded out over about a week's time. It may have something to do with the magnets that Boo has been playing with. Just about the time we lost all color, I found her in the living room, holding the magnets up to the screen. All the color was arching around the magnets. This probably wasn't good.
  • It's okay though, we aren't the most technological folks around. One of these days I am sure we will replace it, but I am too cheap to want to rush out and find a new TV just to have the color back.
  • Now, everything we watch is like a classic.
  • We also don't have a cell phone. I think I'd rather have a spike in my head than for people to be able to reach me everywhere I go.
  • And what did people do before cell phones? I can't tell you how many people I see in stores who are having this frantic convo on their cell phone, saying stuff like, "Do you want the cobalt or the navy?" please.
  • That is all. I told you these were random...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home