Monday, December 12, 2005

Santa came early

Yes. Santa has already been to our house. I suppose with all he has to do this time of year, you can't blame him for getting started a little early. He was very slick about it though. He planned the whole thing quite well - kept his identity a secret. Nothing about the event fits his MO.

No elves or reindeer. No chimney in the middle of the night. He went to great lengths not to give himself away... Arriving in the middle of the day, driving the brown truck, dressed just like his human assistant - in a UPS uniform.

There were two large boxes. Immediately, I knew my it was my Christmas gift. And I knew it was from Santa. How, you ask? Well, who else would have known about the pile of clothes the kids have outgrown that I have been stuffing under Bethany's crib? Who else would have known that I keep thinking I've got to get those clothes boxed up? Only Santa could have known! And boy did he ever deliver. These boxes are really big. They're perfect, really.

But, even the boxes were part of his very elaborate plan to keep his cover. They were made to look like they'd been sent via a third party. They say "Dell" all over them. I opened one and found some sort of component with a lot of buttons on it, a large metal box, and a bunch of wires. There was even a packing list filled out as if my parents had ordered this stuff for us. He is so clever!

Santa, if you are reading: I figured you out! I love the gift, and I can't wait to empty out those boxes so I can put it to good use. Thank you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

That Santa...so clever with those multi-functional gifts!

Wed Dec 14, 03:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go figure! No matter what you get a kid, she's more interested in the box.

Wed Dec 14, 07:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home