Monday, November 28, 2005

Not much to say

Well. I haven't felt like posting lately. I have stuff I could post, but haven't really been in the mood. The perfect day was great. Thanksgiving was great. The kids are great. I just don't feel like posting.

But I have been reading others' blogs. So I thought I might post about what I like, and what I don't like in a blog.

What I don't like
- Frequent complaining.
- Mundane, boring drivel about every last detail of the writer's life which serves no purpose other than to inform the reader about every last mundane, boring detail of the writer's life.
- Really bad writing.
- Reading negative stuff about other people that the writer wouldn't actually tell that person in real life.
- Frequent use of links to complete the writer's thought. It bugs me when I can't get the writer's thoughts without going somewhere else.

What I like
- Insight. Two of my favs for this are Maureen and Leslie.
- Reading about the lives of folks going through some of the same things as me. Some of my favorite adoptive mom blogs are grrltravels and Boy Makes Three. Some of my favorite Stay-at-home-mom blogs are written by Robin and Addie.
- Reading about the lives of people who are totally different than me, particularly when it comes to spirituality. I read because it reminds me that the rest of the world doesn't see things through the lens of scripture, and I think it's important to keep in touch with that. Frankly, I think it strengthens my faith - but that probably wouldn't be so for everyone, so I think I'll leave those links out! (I'm sure you could find a few very easily if you wanted to.)
- Reality. As in real life, I like getting to know people who are willing to be honest about their weaknesses - not trying to present themselves as perfect.
- Blogs that offer encouragement, challenge, or insight into the Christian faith. Those mentioned by name above all do that. But I also like Bread Crumbs and Girl Talk.
- Humor.

Maybe you will find a new one you like too.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Thanks for listing me. I feel honored.

PS - I tried to e-mail you twice yesterday and they kept coming back as undeliverable???

Tue Dec 06, 02:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home