Saturday, December 10, 2005

Just the Good ol' Tunes

Recently I was at someone's house where The Dukes of Hazard was on TV. I love that theme song! It got me thinking about other TV theme songs that I have loved. Here are my favorites, in order.

Lyric Songs
1. Cheers
2. The Dukes of Hazard
3. The Jeffersons

Instrumentals
1. Hill Street Blues
2. Dallas
3. Newhart

I have this vague recollection that I really liked the theme to Twin Peaks, and I know I liked LA Law, but I can't remember how either one of them goes. I tried to link to some lyrics or something you could listen to, but I don't have the patience to wait for my computer.

So, what are your favorites?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maverick, Sugarfoot, Cheyenne, The Lawman, Have Gun Will Travel, Jim Bowie, Davey Crocket, The Patty Duke Show.

Sat Dec 10, 02:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hawaii 5-0, Maimi vice, Andy Grffin Show

Mon Dec 12, 09:01:00 AM  
Blogger PEZmama said...

oooh. Miami Vice. I forgot about that one. That was a cool one too.

Mon Dec 12, 10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dukes of Hazard was great! I really, really, really loved The Greatest American Hero!!! Dallas was pretty fantastic, too. Cheesy, but Love Boat is pretty fun to sing.

-HelenWheels

Mon Dec 12, 08:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone ready for some bad news...
I read recently that TV shows are getting rid of their theme songs. No more Hawaii 5-O, no Waylon Jennings belting out about the Good Old Boys. No Andy Griffith whistling that insanely catchy tune.

They decided that if there is an intro song, too many people will get bored and change the channel... what does this say about the future of radio?

Tue Dec 13, 06:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of us who were born before the 1980s ...

Instrumental - The Mary Tyler Moore Show (the original show, with Dick Van Dyke); Bonanza; Have Gun, Will Travel; and Dragnet. There's also Law & Order (the original version of the melody before they goofed around with it) and the original theme song (again, before they wrecked it by "improving" it) on the 1990s James Garner TV series that I can't remember the name of.

Vocals - The Mary Tyler Moore Show (the one set in Minneapolis).

DRAT! Now the melody to one of these songs is bouncing around my brain and I KNOW I'll be humming it out loud within an hour and won't get it out of my system for weeks.

Mon Dec 19, 06:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home