Friday, February 10, 2006

Ouch

A brief conversation with my husband this evening went like this:

Me: Hey, do you think I could read twelve books this year?
Paul: Do I think you CAN, or do I think you WILL?

Here are the books that are on my list.

1. Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone by Joyce Meyer. (Finished it last month)
2. Boltzmann's Atom: The Great Debate the Launched a Revolution in Physics by David Lindley. (working on it now... about 90 pages left to go)
3. God's Politics: Why the Right Gets it Wrong and the Left Doesn't Get it by Jim Wallace. (working on it now... only about a third of the way through.)
4. Dreams from my Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama
5. Affluenza: The All-Consuming Epidemic by Clive Hamilton and Richard Denniss
6. Scandal of the Evangelical Conscience: Why Are Christians Living Just Like the Rest of the World? by Ronald Sider
7. Hard to Believe: The High Cost and Infinite Value of Following Jesus by John MacArthur
8. Jealous God: Science's Crusade Against Religion by Pamela Winnick

Okay, so that is only eight. If I can finish these in the year, that'll be quite an accomplishment... and I can add four more if that happens.

Anybody want to read one of these with me? You can pick the next book and when you want to read it.

Now, if you will please excuse me, I have some reading to do.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of a good book you might like to add to your list in light of the recent postings on stewardship. "Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed" by Jared Diamond. It is somewhat depressing, but something to think about.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the environment.

Angel

Tue Feb 14, 12:14:00 AM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Hey, did you like Approval Addiction? I've been wanting to read it.

Fri Mar 16, 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home